Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Mongolian Textiles

This weekend I finally went to see the documentary Eagle Huntress. Gorgeous scenery warrants this film to be seen on the big screen.

Besides the magnificent mountains of Mongolia, the areal shots and the breathtaking panoramic views what I enjoyed was the embroidered clothing of the Kazakh people.

When they interviewed a local person in their home I had to read the subtitles when what I really wanted to do was look at the background textiles!

I wanted to see the embroidered clothing at the Eagle Festival close up!

I really should see it again and focus on that.

These pictures are NOT Mongolian textile. These hand-made hats are from Thailand. The stitching reminded me of what I saw in the movie...kind-of...




No comments:

Post a Comment