Monday, May 16, 2016

Textile, Dance and Music

There is a little gallery underground in a small piazza in Padova.

Prato della Valle, Padova


I like going there. Often they show textile work. This time I discovered the work of Leda Guerra.

Dione e Afrodite, 1992
private collection
cotton


She is a textile artist. The exhibit highlighted her work from the 1990's to present.

Pensiero, 1998


I like the way the soft fabric seemed to turn into stone in some of her works.

Omaggio a Doré- Virgilio e Dante, 2009,
linen


We later returned to the gallery for a ballet which was extremely satisfying for me as my first career was in dance. I appreciated the choreography and its connection to the textile artwork .



A violinist played as the dancer made her way around the artwork. She wore a costume made by the artist.



The audience followed the dancer and the musician around the gallery.


The three artists with Leda Guerra in the centre.

Art for all the senses.






No comments:

Post a Comment