Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Making Changes

I recognized a friend at the St Lawrence Market that I hadn’t seen in over 30 years ! She and I went to high school together in Montreal. She has recently moved to Toronto.

I exhibit my work in Europe.

We met for coffee later in the week and had a long chat about everything! It was wonderful!!

I prepare teaching samples for my
quilt classes.

She asked about what I was doing and I gave her my blog and my website address.

I organize trips to Verona, Italy, with a textile theme.

But later that week I wondered what she would see on those sites.

I work on art journals.

The website has not been updated for years! No new photographs. No new text. No additions to my CV. Yet I have done a lot!


I recently organized a trip to Umbria for August 2016...
and by organize I mean preparing an itinerary,
interviewing the right people to give workshops and lectures,
finding the best places to eat,
booking an amazing villa,
discovering places to visit...
a big job!


The blog is fine if you follow me regularly. You know what projects I am working on and you know what I have done.


I exhibit my work in Toronto.
This piece was part of the exhibit
The Gathering last summer
@ Gallery 814.

But for a person who is just visiting for the first time I need to have a better description of what I am and what I do and what I have done!


I teach in the art department at different high schools.

My website and my blog need a make-over! 


I take some art classes and always keep learning.


That is what I will be working on in the next months.

I curate textile exhibits





No comments:

Post a Comment