Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Colours

I learned how to make the Ukrainian Easter eggs (Pysanky) when I was 6 years old from my best friend's older sister.




I continued to make them when I had children and passed on this tradition to them.

Coloured eggs made ages ago by my little children.
We kept them all from year to year.

This year, I wasn't going to get all the supplies out but my daughter asked for them.

She wanted to teach her boyfriend. What a sport he was! His egg was great!! (shown below)



He did say it was really difficult controlling the kistka (tool for drawing with beeswax). He now appreciates the craft even more.

I guess that is always the case. After one realizes how much effort it is to make a quilt or how long it takes to hand stitch a panel there is always that extra awe.



1 comment:

  1. We did this craft at our house over Easter weekend too.
    You have a beautiful collection of eggs.
    x

    ReplyDelete