Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Annual Quilt Celebration

The Canadian Quilters Association is hosting their annual quilt show from June 11- 14. This year they have chosen Brock University in St Catharines, Ontario, as their Canadian location.


It is a time to bring quilters together and showcase Canadian talent.



There are several exhibits at the event including an Invitational Exhibit that I was honoured to be included in. (Unfortunately, I could not find any information about this exhibit and its participants on their web site. Disappointing and in my opinion, unprofessional. They have promised to add something after the event is over so it will at least be documented.)



At the time of the invitation, I was working on some pieces for the Radiation exhibit in Geneva. I decided to submit to the CQA a piece from that series entitled Collision with Melancholia that was inspired by the film Melancholia (Lars von Trier, 2011)It is made of hand-dyed fabric, distressed paper and is machine and hand stitched.




I hope it is appreciated. I understand at this event viewers tend to enjoy the more traditional quilts and compositions.

(all photos are details of Collision with Melancholia)

No comments:

Post a Comment