Saturday, February 8, 2014

Video Art

Artist Samuel Rowlett has a video art piece at the Art Gallery of Peterborough. It's part of the Artists' Walks exhibit.


If you click here you can see his video, Landscape Painting in the Expanded Field 2013.




The curator, Earl Miller, chose works in different mediums by artists who use walking as part of their practice. It has become popular enough to be called a genre.

I loved the shadows nature painted on Rowlett's canvas as he walked through the woods.



Some of his video was beautiful.



Sometimes it was hilarious, like when he tried walking through the dense forest in winter! He could barely move and you heard a bunch of branches breaking. He was all tangled up. Luckily, I was the only one in the gallery at the time because I was laughing out loud!



I made his work interactive!

That's my shadow as I walk between the projector and the screen…
chasing the canvas.

Textile artist Dorothy Caldwell will be having an exhibit there from March 21 to June 1, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment