Sunday, October 27, 2013

Harvest Art

Artist Alice Vender Vennen reflects on her art work and its process.

Alice and her work taken at the TOAE a few years ago.

"...the harvesting nature of an art piece," she wrote.



The components are collected, arranged and assembled and the end result is something kept and preserved. Creative preserving, she called it.

My piece in progress

I took a 3-day workshop with her at the Distillery District in Toronto.

Alice explains using a sample piece.

I actually made something in the first 4 hours!...Does this mean I am "unstuck"?

I made this small piece on day 1 and the next day, I made a
larger piece that was so much more mature! (seen below)
My piece entitled "Three Days"
 13" x 17" 
detail
detail
It is almost impossible to photograph
an art piece that has a glass cover
 because of the reflection
so the colours are off and you can't
really see the copper pieces...but
you get the idea.

We ended the workshop with a bottle of wine and some chocolate and a feast for our eyes of our powerful pieces.

A harvest of creativity.
Alice is teaching the same workshop November 1, 2 and 3 in Toronto and I know there was a space or two left. Contact her directly if you are interested. Great workshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment