Thursday, May 9, 2013

Macarons

Back in March, I took a Macarons class at the Cook'n With Class school in Paris' 18th district. The school was recommended by David Lebovitz.

Ceiling in the class room at Cook'n With Class

We were 6 students and 4 were Canadian!

Macarons, piped and waiting

Even though I had made the french delicacies twice before, (see past post here) I learned so much from the professional pastry chef!

Caramel Beurre Salé filling

Italian Meringues, bird's peak ready

a gold dusting

I will definitely be making more when I get home.

Chef, Briony Laberthonnière, holds up a macaron
with blackberry jam filling...Look at those 'feet'!

Me learning to pipe properly

Always creating!

I am heading back to Paris from Vienna and will be taking a few more classes at this school.

1 comment:

  1. Can I say I am excited. Yes those are perfect feet. From a professional pastry chef, excellent! When will we be able to master such?
    Loving all your posts.

    ReplyDelete