Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Late Night and Early Morning

Five textile art pieces inspired by minerals were exhibited last night at the 40th anniversary party of PGW, consulting geophysicists.

Two works in the Alberta Room at the Royal York Hotel
 Fundy Flame Agate by Kate Madeloso from Nova Scotia (left)
"We dig. We cut. We polish. We colour our world!"
by Suzanne Neilson from Ontario (right)

I was setting up all 16 pieces of the MINERALS exhibit for the KEGS breakfast (Canadian Exploration Geophysics Society) at the Royal York Hotel this morning at 6:15 a.m.

I have never seen the Royal York main lobby empty.
Notice the time on the central clock.

Again so many compliments and many earth scientists came to speak to me as I was packing up the works three hours later.

The Imperial Room at the Royal York Hotel
For artists' names please view past posts.

I think these works would look stunning in an office! Click here for prices of the works.

More Mineral Pieces in the Imperial Room at the Royal York Hotel.
For artists' names please view past posts.

I am back home. Later I am packing up the works to send them to Verona for Verona Tessile.

Right now, I am going back to bed!

4 comments:

  1. The exhibit looks amazing. Congratulations Sandra and all of the artists.
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, thank you for this opportunity to show the work of some Canadian fibre artists. You were busy these past few days moving the art from one venue to another. Your blog has provided us with an opportunity to see our art in sitsu. I am sure our art will be well received in Verona and look forward to hearing more about it.
    Again, thank you for all your work and congratulations to all of the artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra,
    Congratulations on the exhibit and thanks for all your had work. The works are just amazing, I wished I could quilt like that, (maybe when I grow up)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra...you have once again created and allow your vision to shine. Each and every piece, looks like a million buck. I am sure they look like 10 million buck, live. Keep up your great ideas. All artist bravo to your fabulous work of art.

    ReplyDelete