Saturday, September 15, 2012

Speaking at Ste-Marie-aux-Mines

I was asked to speak at the Teatre in Ste-Marie-aux-Mines.

Teatre Ste-Marie-aux-Mines

My talk was entitled Canadian Inspiration.

I started with a little history of patchwork in Canada. I spoke about Canadian influences; our landscape, natural and man-made, our seasons with the light, textures and colours that change with them, our environment and how many repurpose materials and ended with our individual cultural heritage which also influences our work, consciously or subconsciously.

Aurifil has a promotion..
if you take a picture in front of this installation
they give you a scratch and win card for thread.
I didn't win anything,
The installation is made of spools of Aurifil thread
by DAMSS from Milano.

It went very well! The theater was half full. At the end, the young male technician came up and complimented me. He said he learned so much.

Another view of Ste-Marie-aux-Mines



1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS for being a wonderful Ambassador for Canada!

    ReplyDelete