Thursday, April 19, 2012

take pART

"take pART" is a fundraising art exhibit that took place at Arta Gallery in Toronto at the Distillery District. Both my daughter and I were two of 63 artists participating.

"My City"
I work in textile so I made my piece separate and
then glued it onto a canvas.
I stitched into the canvas in a few places.
 I left some tulle and organza hanging off the bottom.

There was wine and hors d'oeuvres during the cultural evening.

Arta Gallery, Distillery District

All works were on a 10"x10" canvas and each was sold for $100.

The grid system was set up to help purchasers identify the works.

My work is identified by Q4. My daughter's was R4.

E1 was painted by Felicia Norris Bartlett ,
a Branksome Hall alumnae.
It was nice bumping into her.
She was a Montreal friend when I was in high school.

The money raised goes to the Student Financial Aid at Branksome Hall.


My City, detail

The event has been recognized by Canada Council for Advancement in Education, receiving the Bronze Award in the Best Alumni category.

My work and my daughter's hung side by side. They both sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment