Thursday, March 8, 2012

Teaching in Italy

I am proud to say my proposal to the Abruzzo School of Creative Arts has been selected and I will be teaching in Sulmona, July 23 to 30, 2013.

flickr image by Greenery

All are welcome. The course will be given in english but I also speak fluent french and italian and my german is a little rusty! What an experience it will be for me and the students!

Flickr image by padesig

Here is an excerpt of my course outline:

She will lead a group through the process of educated observation. Students will generate a record, in journal form, of their awakening to this emotional response to both the natural and the man-made world of Sulmona, Italy.


During morning walks, participants will record patterns, shapes and colours so that they may “capture the moment”, later taking these memories home to their studios where they can create at leisure when making larger works. Sandra works with the philosophy of using what is on hand to create with and be inspired by, so the focus of the daily walks will be tied to that way of working.

To learn more about the course click here.

 Flickr image by Greenery

Start saving up! If those dates don't work for you, check out my other two textile trips to Italy that are coming up.

Flickr image by Franciov

Che bello!

No comments:

Post a Comment