Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So Productive

I have started this year with a bang! So productive today!

I finished the borders on this quilt which I will be donating to the Diabetes Association in the Cayman Islands. It will be given to one of the newly diagnosed children between the ages of 7 and 10.

The quilt had to be predominantly blue as that is the colour representing diabetes.

I did not buy one new piece of fabric for the top.
 I made it using my scraps.

I love scrap quilts. They have so much to offer the viewer.

detail

The backs of my quilts are usually pieced. I just put a simple strip down the back for this one.




I had some time to work on a small sample for my next scrap class that I will be teaching this term.

For the scrap classes I teach, NO new fabric is bought.
We really just use the students' scraps.

I made a great dinner for the family AND my husband came home early from the office. What a great way to start the first week of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment