Saturday, January 14, 2012

Challenge Results

Our guild hosted a DIVA evening along with the Paint Chip Challenge works.

So many ladies wore costumes! I resurrected my blonde wig and a sparkly top from the kids' dress-up box.



one of the DIVAS

Members voted for their three favorite pieces from the Paint Chip Challenge. The three with the most votes (shown below) were awarded prizes.

This was one of my votes.
It was visually appealing and
very well done technically.


"Grey Morning" by our president
 in her DIVA dress!

Two artists that were in attendance that evening were Maggie Vanderweit and Clare Kirby.

Clare holding up her work,
"Belisarius and the Cosmic Astral Tyger"
hand dyed silks, hand quilted

"Cat Killed the Cardinal", by Clare Kirby
hand dyed silks, fused silk, feathers, beads, hand quilted

The executive from the Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre has asked me to contribute an art piece for their fundraising event in May and I have decided to donate my Paint Chip Challenge piece, Jungle Green. (to see the work click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment