Friday, December 23, 2011

Visiting my Art Heaven

I stopped by to meet Sybil Rampen. We had been communicating via email about works for the show I am curating for France. Since I was in the neighbourhood...


click for the web site: Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre

What a magical place! The buildings are filled with art. Art everywhere- on the walls, on the floor, on the shelves, on the benches. All kinds of art- framed, unframed, paper, paintings, textile, sculpture, rocks, wood...and artists sprinkled here and there-one painting in a studio, one sitting at the dining room table drawing, two off the kitchen watching and enjoying tea..and me plunked in her computer room viewing artists' work on a screen.

Sybil with one of her students

Right now at the Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre there is an exhibit on of Chris Kummer's work. 


Chris' background is in sculpture and anthropology. Her textile sculpted dolls are adorned with beautiful stitchery. They hang around the gallery encircling the room. Their faces are looking out towards a table set for the Christmas dinner party Sybil is hosting for her artists and board of directors.

I was there for about an hour and loved ever second of my tour! Thanks Sybil. A la prochaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment