Friday, November 4, 2011

Wednesday was Painting Day

I'm off to the basement...

I start off with white.





I add my pigment.



I mix and stir.



I wet my fabric.



I paint with a brush.


I paint on dry fabric.



I paint with a spoon.


I like the texture on the wet fabric.



I added salt on some pieces. It does funny things to the kind of paint I use and adds texture.


 I wait till it dries before I heat set the colour.


My pieces of fabric are small because I use what I have and that's what I had this time (artist's statement). I will sew them together and create the size I need. Because I make up a small amount of paint at a time I can get a slight variation of colour in each batch. I think that looks interesting when the pieces are sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment