Monday, November 7, 2011

Short Cuts

I taught a quilt-as-you-go technique class last Saturday. It's a short-cut method of making a quilt. The piecing and quilting are done at the same time. I have created this by putting together a few techniques that are already out there that, in my opinion, have a 'problem'. There is no stress doing it my way! Like many of my classes, this one is open ended and there is lots of room for the student's expression. The class was also about using what you have. No buying new fabric for this!!

Our class

It was great to see some new faces and some "old" students too.

Two students setting up their machines in my new teaching space
in the west end of the city.

It is really energizing for me to see every person in the class enthusiastic about their sewing experience.

I love teaching.

And now for something completely different and unrelated to textile...the Canadian fall colours.

High Park, Toronto

High Park, Toronto

Wychwood Park, Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment