Thursday, October 6, 2011

Textile Art on your Walls

Why do so many people think ART comes in a wooden frame?

It doesn't.

A beautiful south american weaving in a Montreal home.
Look how it is hung- so high end!

Textile art in Turkey

Textile art by Maria Teresa Sansotta hung in a
 high end Rome apartment.
The shot looks like it's out of a decor magazine!

This is the piece I bought in 1987 before I was sewing. It hangs in our family room. It is the reason I got into patchwork and textile art.

Les Jardins de Metis, by french artist Marie Josee Danzon
made with upholstery fabric with every center
made of velvet or corduroy

It was inspired by Les Jardins de Metis, in northern Quebec.

I'm so happy I bought it. I never get tired of looking at it.

More people should buy textile art.

No comments:

Post a Comment