Thursday, October 13, 2011

shadow boxes

At the end of last year's guild meetings, there was a sale of miniatures raising money for two local charities. The organizing committee decided to add shadow boxes to the list of items for sale. This is the one I bought for $70. It was used for the poster for the sale.

made by Gail Marmoreo
She decided to frame it upside down!

This is the piece I submitted. It sold for $60.

"Impact", 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
paper, plastic, thread, hand dyed and commercial fabrics

A few weeks ago the Yorkshire Rose Quilters Guild hosted a show in Toronto. They had more shadow boxes for sale. By the time I got there the ones I wanted to buy were sold.

detail, Karen Howes contemporary work.
I would have loved to buy her shadow box! (not shown)



I bought this quilt top instead.

It was made by Karen Howes

I will be showing it when I teach my beginner 9-patch course.

Our group has a lot of talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment