Sunday, October 16, 2011

John Willard's Saturday Class

I took a class from quilter/textile artist, John Willard. He is a very big Canadian name.

John Willard explaining one of his works. He has been sewing since the 60's

What to bring to class? Wild fabrics! Lots of brights, dots, stripes, pattern!

definitely out of my comfort zone!

The workshop was very "free". Nothing was sketched or planned. We just went with it.

I went from this:



To this:



To this:
Mine is not quite done. I would like to add a strip of orange.

None of the students' works were the same (how refreshing!). Everything depended on their choice of colours and fabric.

I liked following John around the classroom while he advised the students. He has so much knowledge and experience.

I learned about fabric and pattern and colour and how to mitre borders properly and a new way to finish the edges for my art work.

I made a new friend.

Plus it was a really fun day!


Thanks John!

No comments:

Post a Comment